Chicken and Leek Soup
A wonderfully light soup which can use leftover chicken from a roast dinner.
Done in the soup maker, this soup only takes 26 minutes to cook
If you prefer you can do it in a saucepan instead, simmering the soup until the carrots, onions and celery are lovely and soft.
- A couple of carrots, peeled and chopped into chunks no bigger than 1cm cubed
- A couple of sticks of celery, rinsed and chopped into chunks about 1cm cubed
- A medium onion, peeled and diced into chunks no bigger than 1cm cubed.
- A couple of chicken stockpots or stock cubes (or vegetable ones if you prefer)
- A little shredded or cubed cooked chicken to taste
Place the diced carrots, celery and onion into the bottom of the soup maker. Put the cooked chicken on the top and add the stock pots. Top up with water to the top of the vegetables (ensure it is between the min and max line)
Cook on the chunky setting if using a soup maker or cook in a pan until the vegetables are soft
Serve with freshly baked bread rolls or with a crunchy french stick and proper butter.
Do you like this recipe?
If you love this recipe please SHARE it with your friends by using the share buttons below
If you love cooking please join our Facebook Group