Spicy Curried Cauliflower Soup Recipe.
This easy to make curried cauliflower soup is just perfect for cooler autumn days when you need something to warm you up!
I roasted the cauliflower florets in the oven to start off with, although if time is short you could probably skip this step.
You will need
- 1 large cauliflower chopped in to small florets (little trees!)
- Olive oil
- 1 large onion peeled and diced into small pieces
- 1 large carrot peeled and diced into small pieces
- 1 stick of celery (optional) washed and chopped into small pieces
- 1 knob of butter or margarine (or a little olive oil if you prefer!)
- 1 chicken or vegetable stock pot plus boiling water
- Mild curry powder to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper or freshly ground mixed peppercorns
Serve with some crusty bread or with roasted spiced chick peas
Preheat the oven to about 200oC
In a bowl add the cauliflower florets, a sprinkling of curry powder and just enough olive oil to lightly coat the cauliflower florets. Toss them together until they’re evenly coated
Pop in a roasting dish and roast until soft and golden
In a large saucepan over a low heat gently melt the butter and add the diced onion, carrot and celery and sweat the ingredients until they turn glossy and translucent and start to turn soft.
When the carrot, onion and celery are nice and soft add the roasted cauliflower to the pan along with a teaspoonful of mild curry powder (to taste) Add the stock pot and top up the water level with boiling water so it just covers the vegetables. Stir and simmer over a low heat until all the vegetables are nice and soft.
Take off the heat
Using a stick blender blend the soup until smooth and check for seasoning adding extra salt and freshly ground black or white pepper totaste.
Serve with crusty bread or spicy roasted chick peas.