This celeriac and sweet potato soup is made in less than 20 minutes in a soup maker. The sweetness of the sweet potato are complemented by the tang of the celery and the warmth of the celeriac. The addition of a little ground white pepper gives the dish a warm twist. Serve with cheese on toast or croutons.
- Celeriac peeled, rinsed and chopped into 1cm cubes
- 1 small brown onion peeled and chopped into 1cm cubes
- 1/2 a large sweet potato peeled and chopped into 1cm cubes
- 1 stick of celery rinsed and chopped into 1cm cubes
- 2 stockpots or stock cubes, I used chicken stock but you can use vegetable if you prefer.
- Ground white pepper
Put the vegetables into the soup maker up to at least the minimum line (no higher than the maximum line) add the stock cubes or stock pot and top up with boiling water to the top of the vegetables.
Give the soup a good stir to ensure that the stock is evenly distributed within the soup
Close the lid and put on the Smooth Soup Maker Setting
Check the seasoning and add white pepper to taste.
Serve with cheese on toast or croutons.
Love this recipe?
Please share it with your friends on social media!
Also check out my Pinterest for more recipe ideas