This delicious soup is a perfect way of using up leftover ham. The lentils are packed with protein and fibre which makes the soup very filling. This recipe is for the soup maker but there is absolutely no reason why you couldn’t also do it in an ordinary sauce pan too.
You will need
- A handful of red lentils, rinsed
- A medium sized onion, peeled and finely diced
- A clove of garlic (optional) peeled and crushed
- A tin of chopped tomatoes
- A shaking of herbs du provence
- 2 chicken stock cubes or chicken stockpots
- Enough water to top up to the maximum line
- Cooked ham to taste, either cubed or shredded
Put a splash of water in the bottom of the soup maker
Add the rest of the ingredients, putting the lentils towards the top
Cook on Chunky Setting (or in a pan until the lentils look fluffy)
Please share this recipe
If you like this recipe please share it with your friends using the share buttons below.
Join our Facebook Group!
Come and join our Facebook Group where you can share your cooking and get answers for any questions you might have about cooking[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]