Bring the taste of the Mediterranean to your plate with this Red Pesto and Chargrilled Pepper Panini Pizza Toast.
I used a part-baked ciabatta roll (baked before I used it!) but you can use whatever bread you have. Sour dough would work well with this, or even a plain mini naan bread. Or you can buy proper panini bread if you wish. If you’re using plain naan bread I’d either grill or cook in the oven and leave them open.
If you don’t have any chargrilled peppers to hand you can use other pizza style toppings in place of them.
Adaptation to make this vegan
If you’re a vegan you can use a vegan red pesto and a cheese-substitute in place of the cheese and vegan mayo.
- Ciabatta part-baked roll, baked in oven as per instructions on packet. Or whatever bread you have!
- Red pesto
- Chargrilled Peppers from a jar
- Mozzarella cheese (I used pre-sliced) or mature cheddar or guyrere cheese
- A sprinkling of black pepper
- A few leaves of fresh basil, optional
Lay them carefully on the pesto’d bread
To Cook either
b) Cook under the grill until it looks bubbly and golden
Serve with a salad and some Red Pesto Mayonaise
Red Pesto Mayonnaise